Sunday 17 March 2013

Out Of Action

I woke up Tuesday with that horrid virus thats doing the rounds. I spent all week in bed, sweating, shivering, consuming enormousness amounts of orange juice and coca cola and watching malcolm in the middle. Nothing productive was done.Not even washing. Yup. One night i realised i was out of supplies and so chucked on a hoodieand sloped off to co op. I felt terribly confused and out of it and was a trifle deaf in both ears so it wasnt the most pleasant of experiences.








 I started to feel more human again when I drew a bath and had some lemon ice lollies.

Friday evening, fully aware I hadnt eaten a proper meal all week, Michelle and I hopped the bus to Spitilfields to meet Stephanie and have some food. Steph only has two weeks left til she moves to Cambodia for GOOD so that was good enough reason to you know...get dressed.


 I made up for it this weekend though. We went to Kanaloa on Fleet Steet which is some fancy tiki bar that Beyonce goes to. I still felt ill when I got there and my tempreture was raaaging. I sucked down an icy drink and considered my options as I locked myself in a toilet cubicle. I could go home and get back into bed, or i could suck down as much booze as possible knowing this was the last time Steph Michelle and I would be drinking in London. I chose the alcohol option.

 Man alove, the drinks were stroooong (and expensive, thanks Stephs boss) to the point even Michelle was gagging. But at least we knew we were getting out moneys worth! We dran k a few Zombies which have SEVEN kinds of rum, absinthe, liqeurs...and they set it on fire. And my boob caught fire a little.



 I dont know HOW we found the bus stop in Holborn. I do recall absolutely everyone hates us on there. Oh well. We grabbed some chicken from some dissapproving men on mile end road ( not eating there again, despite the oh so tender chicken breasts, so rude!) and surprisingly, had no upchuck.


Recovery day involved me watching Breaking Dawn part 2 - TWICE - to michelles horror, and picking up some more bargains at the East London Thrift Store. Felicity came home drunk with some people intent on hard partying. But we couldnt even manage it. We fell asleep watching sex and the city and videos of sleeping cats on youtube eating minstrels. Shit, are we getting old?



2 comments:

  1. Minstrels crack me up. They're like the most racist candy ever. I realise there was a lot more substance contained above. But. Minstrels! I want Minstrels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHHAAHHAHA!

    Ah - eating in the face of my white privilege!

    ReplyDelete