Sunday 3 February 2013

tantrums and hot dogs

January came and went in a flurry of crap weather and empty bank accounts. Obligatory snow photo







Last Thursday Niko and I swigged bottles of cheap plonk before mooching on over to KoKo in Camden to see an old face, Mr Paul Banks. Time and geography has moved us all on but it was nice to nostalge and remember the ' good ol bad days'. One of my favourite times with Paul is when he Niko and I were mooching about in London at silly o clock and didnt really know what to do. Inbetween Paul pleading with the doorman of The Crobar to let us in for just ONE beer to at one point calling the record label ' WE ARE SO BORED WHERE CAN WE GO' we jumped into a black cab and decided to head to out old haunt, and where it all began, The Columbia Hotel - notorious in its own right ( oh the stories one day i will share). We warned Paul that they were a bit stricter nowdays - previously they hadnt batted an eyelid to letting you swings from the chandeliers ( yeah you Kings Of Leon) to going behind the bar and serving yourself if the barman was too busy snorting blow. He told us to wait in the cab while he 'sorted' it. Under a minute later he jumped into the cab, breathless and ordered the driver to hit the gas. He then told us that he had nonchalantly tried to walk into the bar before being chased out by the strict night manager - paul shouting expletives as he runs. His face was so angry yet also terrified  we ended up at a terrible warehouse party bustin robot moves, starting fights before crashing at the hotel and doing the obligatory secret escape to avoid Daniel in the lobby.
It was nice to realise how much we had all grown up - the bottle of water on stage signalled that. Paul is hilarious, intelligent and very wise despite us all being caught up in a cloud of class A back in the day. He partied hard, that boy.


old and new banks.




You can read my review of the gig here

Gone also are the days where we would want to stay at the afterparty til 6am and by midnight niko and i were munching on burgers in stepney green before falling asleep to netflix.





The next day we headed over to The Diner for a hangover feast

I got some good news this week so I of course celebrated by getting rather hidiously drunk and passing out on my bed after eating a pack of kitkats onto an unmade bed.


On Thursday I was rather aghast to learn my bank card had been cloned and someone had been spending up my cash in NYC. Of all the places! I was furious and then facepalming at the fact I had zero ID to go to the bank and withdraw any cash. The Irish offered to meet me and top up my oyster card so i could get to and from work at least. As he finishes later than me and having worked late all week I decided to walk from my office in Soho to his in Borough. What an error, despite a beautiful walk it was also four miles in heeled boots. Man I was pissed. But  he got me drunk and borrowed me some coin.What a lad.



Friday was the first friday in 2013 that weve had any money so of course everyone at work was going to go overboard. I remembered towards the end of the night that I dont get drunk on ameretto so instead decide to take a back seat and observe peoples behaviours. It was.....interesting.

Im 30 this year. Why do I surround myself with people displaying asshole behaviour? Well, mainly I guess is I cant be bothered with the drama of correcting them. As a typical taurus, i only lose my temper like..once a year ( not to be confused with my high strung tantrums) but when i blow my top, its big. Id rather just ignore the behaviour and strike  them onto my ' tossers' list in my head. But maybe that needs to change.

Yesterday I went back to the diner with Niko and Steve before a bar crawl through some old haunts like the crobar and discovering how awesome 12 Bar is on denmark street is . I am making 12 bar my new favourite bar ( other than half moon spoons of course. I am a loyal drunk.)




Oh! and felicitys nan made some amazing turbans. they are seven pounds each and all the money goes to her. Sybil was a beauty queen in her day and absolutely lovely and gracious when I spoke to her ont he phone to thank her for my hat.  Its nice to have clothing with real sentimental value. Heres me modelling a few in our bathroom - head over to http://www.facebook.com/nansknitwear


Also here is a picture of me and my dog, who is better than your dog. Im sorry, its just a fact,








No comments:

Post a Comment