Tuesday 30 October 2012

monster mash

Fastest week ever?

I was off work Monday and Tuesday, firstly because I have alot of annual leave to take up before the end of the year, and secondly because its a good way to save a precious five pounds of travel money the week before pay day. Sigh. Im 29. When WILL i get my shit together? I stayed home and did nothing productive other than relive my childhood with this


Are You Afraid Of The Dark was one of my favourite  shows as a kid on nickelodeon ( along with the obvious favourites - kenan and kel, sabrina the teenage with, sister sister, moesha!) and I swear, I probably watched a good 18 episodes over two days. Standard.

Twice in the last week a magpie has thrown itself at my window. Im super superstitious about magpies along with my sister; if I see one magpie in the street, I have to do a little salute, despite strangers looking at me. So this one magpie at the window is of great concern. is bad luck throwing itself at my door?

 very creepy!

I will skip the parts about how wednesday to friday i did nothing but drown in work and eat 20p crisps for dinner (again, im 29.....) And then my favourite (read: only sensible) shoes just gave up on me. One minute they were fine,and the next the sole just...fell off. At work. And I had no money, obviously. So i wore them for two days until i replaced them with the exact same pair. I kind of like that about myself....i curled my hair, applied fake eyelashes and red lipstick, put on a dress, and also wore it with a pair of utterly destroyed shoes.

spot the difference?

After work Friday, Erica, Brucie and I hopskipped it around soho for last minute halloween bidness. WHO KNEW THERE WAS A POUND SHOP IN SOHO!? The queue into the fancy dress shop was actualy out the door on a one in one out basis. Gathering all my willpower to not have a panic attack shit fit in the middle of an overcrowded shop, I managed to grab the essentialist: fake blood, black wig. candles.

For the fifth Friday in a row we plodded off towards Gem Bar and general fatigue meant after one drink, Erica and I were ready to hot foot it home. But then more free wine presented itself and somehow I ended up an hour late than i intended to, however its free, so it doesnt count. right?




I hot footed it to Bow to meet The Irish at the Coburn Arms where he snuck in a surprise bar of chocolate into my pocket and a great time was had by all, even though he finally got to see me wasted doing Wuthering Heights,


Which goes like this!

Because of the amount of alcohol i consumed friday night i woke up with the most awful hangover saturday morning which was an epic fail I had said i would try and avoid all week because i had to be productiuve saturday morning! i scraped my sorry ass out of bed, surveyed the damage inflicted to my room ( oh, chinese food? dont remember that happening) before taking a cycle to whitechapel to gets food for the evening.



I was able to squeeze a quick hour nap in before meeting Erica and Dean and taking them to, where else, The Half Moon Spoons for a spot of lunch and the first of what felt like many many drinks that night, before being joined by Brucie and Steph. I normally have more fun getting ready for a night out than I do on the actual night out ( last halloween i spent four hours partying at home, one hour at the actual party) - however this year was to be different. We piled into a cab with our booze and the best of 90s club classics and made our way to an indie club in Islington where I was most pleased to walk in to the maccabre sounds of Nick Caves ' Red Right Hand.' There we met up with Mark, Liam, Bex and her friends, where I swilled cherry sourz and coke, danced like a fool and my ribs ached from laughing so hard. There was a point where I realised, after I had taken off my shitty wig, that technically i was no longer in costume. So..maybe I look like a dead doll more than I think?









Four hours later we are standing on City Road, freezing, with an hour wait for ANY cab. I couldnnt believe it. And the night bus was also nowhere to be found.  Moods dropped pretty quickly as we assessed our very limited options as to how to actually get home. Half an hour later we managed to finally flag (by flag, i mean we all ran screaming down the road) a taxi and make it home to sit on the kitchen floor destroying anything edible before passing out at a not unreasonable three am.


Of course, I woke up ridiculously early and decided to start pestering erica and dean to get up so we could go for breakfast which did not go down very well as expected.  we trudged our weary old bodies to The Half Moon for bacon eggs and pancakes and alot of coffee and cola.

Friends made their way home, and I got into bed, and ate some leftover slutty brownie that Erica and I had made. Il post a proper blog up with the recipe shortly! to.die.FOR.


(un)fortunately The Irish had his gig cancelled sunday night so i stayed in with pie and mash in the warm while he wrote new songs including one for me. Thats right. I am officially a muse. And the song is pretty great, even if I do say so myself!

Monday felt pretty desolate and cold after such a fun weekend. I was cheered up by The Irish buying me a mexican burger and chips and wine and beer. Which is pretty good going for Monday night, I feel.

This week looks pretty jam packed so I dont anticipate any time to recover before I go home for the weekend. Multiple coffee was needed just to get this crappy entry out. WAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment